Expertise. ESD has a demonstrated track record of success in the design and installation of COGEN and SOLAR systems that provide optimal interconnection designs, maximum savings and minimum capital investment payback times.
Complimentary Analysis. ESD will perform a complimentary analysis that will:
- Analyze your daily energy use in 15 minute cycles for the entire year.
- Determine your ideal heat load/electrical consumption balance.
- Design a system that will generate maximum efficiency and cost savings.
- Recommend a system with optimal capital investment and payback time.
One Turnkey Solution. ESD can provide beginning to end services from the initial analysis to final commissioning of the system.
COGEN can help you:< ?div>
- On Site Power. Avoid utility power failures by generating your own On-Site power, using utility power when you need it, and avoid utility power failures.
- Lower Costs. Generate your own power at an average of 3 to 5 cents per KWH versus your current average utility rate of 9 to 14 cents per KWH. This can result in a cost savings of 40% to 60% of your current operating cost.
- Control Inflation. Control inflation since Natural Gas prices are projected to inflate at 3.0% or less through 2035. This is due to the abundant US supply of Natural Gas energy which is twice that of the entire Saudi Arabia oil supply,
- Qualify for Incentives. COGEN will qualify for a rebate of 60 cents per watt for California made components (e.g. A 1 megawatt system qualifies for $600,000), and depreciation against the cash purchase price – a federal tax credit (10%) the first year, depreciation credit (42%) over 6 years, and state credit (7%) over 15 years.
- Increase Efficiency. Increase System Efficiency from 50% to 80% through the use of co-generation engine waste heat to assist with heating of space, hot water, steam or cooling.
- Reduce Emissions. Reduce your footprint
- Increase Sustainability. Increase System Sustainability with 10 year maintenance free warranties.
- Reasonable Payback. Provide A Reasonable Cash investment Payback of 3 to 6 years (depending on system size).
Who Uses COGEN?
In the Past – COGEN was used primarily by petroleum refining, paper, and chemical industries. Over the last 20 years, many commercial facilities (nursing homes, hospitals, colleges, hotels, apartments, senior housing, athletic clubs, commercial laundries, co-ops, condominiums, wineries) have found COGEN to be a viable technical solution.
Today – The recent 66% decline in Natural Gas cost, increased availability, and lower NG projected inflationary costs has made COGEN an extremely attractive financial solution for any company that has significant electrical and thermal power needs, and wishes to substantially reduce their operating costs.